Foreign driving licences in Sweden

This page provides answers to the most frequently asked questions about foreign driving licences in Sweden.

If you have a driving licence issued in a country outside of the EEA, you can drive for one year after you have registered as a resident of Sweden. If you are not registered as a Swedish resident, you can drive with a foreign driving licence as long as it remains valid.