On the 30th of November 2021, The Swedish Transport Administration submitted the proposal for the national plan for transport infrastructure 2022–2033.
The national plan for infrastructure describes how state-owned infrastructure is to be maintained and developed. The plan mainly covers the areas:
- operation and maintenance of state-owned roads and railways;
- investment in state-owned roads, railways, fairways and locks;
- measures to reduce the environmental impact of infrastructure;
- support to municipalities to promote sustainable urban environments (urban environment agreements); and
- research and innovation funding.
The Government is expected to make a decision about the plan in June 2022.