Long-term infrastructure planning
Customer Service Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For traffic information and issues that requires immediate attention, we are open all hours.
Tel: +46 (0)771 921 921
On the 30th of November 2021, The Swedish Transport Administration submitted the proposal for the national plan for transport infrastructure 2022–2033.
The national plan for infrastructure describes how state-owned infrastructure is to be maintained and developed. The plan mainly covers the areas:
- operation and maintenance of state-owned roads and railways;
- investment in state-owned roads, railways, fairways and locks;
- measures to reduce the environmental impact of infrastructure;
- support to municipalities to promote sustainable urban environments (urban environment agreements); and
- research and innovation funding.
The Government is expected to make a decision about the plan in June 2022.